Saturday 24 June 2017

Crooked Dice Detectives

A couple more detectives finished off for my Law and Order cast. This time they are from the Detectives and Low lifes blister (I'll do the other two members when I get around to doing a criminal cast as I need to purchase a fair few figures for it still)

First up is the Beat Detective in my list I have him as an Investigative Academic. 

I tried him out in my first game in a while on Wednesday night vs Pulp Citizen. The IA was very useful to get to the Objective tokens further away early on due to his Spy set up and his The Clue is thing effect allowing a free move towards a token at the cost of a plot point.

I ran a 35 rating list very similar to what I intend to take to the 30 rating 7TV day next weekend. The extra 5 being the marksman so I can try him out and see whether he is needed.

The Cast I picked for Pulp Citizen had a lot of guns and gadgets as this was something I am likely to come up against.

We played the escape and it was a tight game with a 5-4 win to me. My cast was axed in the last but one round losing some more models and I failed to get half of my cast off the table edge. Though I did manage to pick up 4 out of 5 objective tokens.

I enjoyed playing the coppers they were a lot of fun the Marksman achieved very little except damaging Pulp Citizen's car early on but then getting gunned down himself. I will leave him out I think. Pulp Citizen was quite unlucky with his dice rolls when he need to put the hurt on me he rolled a lot of 1s where as I rolled plenty of high dice rolls.

My cast is very quick especially with the coppers in the car and the police dogs. We made a few mistakes mainly forgetting some rules like rear attacks not allowing you to add extra dice and a few others.






Next up is DC Drew Falstaff a old school copper I am again unsure what to cast him as perhaps a bodyguard bruiser to reflect his above the normal sort of extra.




23 comments:

  1. Wonderful stuff, Simon. Great paint-jobs on two top "Crooked Dice" minis. Glad to see you're enjoying "7TV2E"; sadly it never resonated with me the way its first edition did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah as stated before the first edition is so much better. If you can let me have your email I can send you a PDF of the original The Beat cast. Will help you out with your WPC and Detective stats.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Shame its not for you. I prefer the newer system over the old. Though I still have all the old versions of the books and PDF's still.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful work again, Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! Now feeling a Life on Mars boxset coming on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. I am currently working my way through series 1 lol

      Delete
  4. Again more wonderful sculpts ... they have a lot of character in them mostly due to your skillful paint job. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you good sir. They are very good sculpts though and easier to paint.

      Delete
  5. Excellent work as always mate. :)

    And thanks for the game the other night. I think the final score wasn't a true reflection of how much momentum your coppers got in the game. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude. I still feel if the dice had gone your way more that you could of put the hurt on sooner.

      Delete
  6. Victories are told by the winners. No need to be modest about your win 😁, you've got bragging rights!

    This duo look as an excellent addition to you police force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wouter. I am going to give Pulp Citizen more choice to choose from.

      Delete
  7. Good editions, but a game that never really sparked my imagination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. I love spy fi and tbh Cops and robbers didn't interest me t all. But they have introduced some fun characters in the annual they did last year and it allows for some fun differing styles of play.

      Delete
  8. Getting in a game is good :-) . And games with close results are always more exciting, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed getting in a game is good. It was good to refresh myself with the rules again as well as try out what I intend to use on the day.

      Delete
  9. More CROOKED goodness. The streets are probably safer now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol indeed or a little bit more corrupt who knows? :)

      Delete
    2. Probably depends on who is playing

      Delete