Sunday 15 March 2020

Darksword Schnauzer Ranger

Another one finished off the paint bench. I got her bass coated before Christmas but couldn't decide on how to tackle her fur. So this week I decided to just bite the bullet and have a crack at her.

The figure is from Darksword miniatures and fits in ok with my other Burrows figures the head is perhaps a little bigger than I would like but I will just pass that off as floofiness :)







Made some progress on the kickstarter minis nearly 2/3rds are cleaned, based and I got some priming done this morning in the kitchen.


Some are from the previous kickstarter and ones that I have picked up between at shows. But they all needed priming to be fair.

20 comments:

  1. Very cool figure, Simon. The fur looks great, and the eyes are particularly realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. They were so big and round so needed more attention than normal. Those Puppy eyes!

      Delete
  2. Great finish on the Schnauzer Simon, the green really frames the grey fur well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave I am please with how it turned out tbh. I struggle with greens more so what to mix in to highlight.

      Delete
  3. Great stuff Simon! Nice work on the eyes 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not normally a fan of the Darksword critters for that very reason. Silly proportions. But I like the "Floofy" excuse and she looks pretty cool. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dai. Yeah I agree some just have massive heads compared to their bodies or they aren't physically big enough to mix in with other species.

      Delete
  5. That's nice! I like the pose and how you made the mini stand out. Great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber. Yes I like the pose as well. It has some awkward spots behind the bow and hands to paint.

      Delete
  6. Great paintjob on an excellent sculpt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It feels like he is missing an Robin Hood-like cap. Otherwise he looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete