Tuesday 23 November 2021

Lord Humungus War Party cast for 7TV Day




So I have been beavering away at my cast for the event this weekend just passed. I'll write up a report later in the week. Just catching up with the stuff I prepared for it. So first up we have the main man himself the Lord Humungus. M'lod is a crooked dice model which I have converted by adding a scoped revolver which was also from Crooked Dice in there conversion bits section with a scope added from some sort of WW2 sniper weapon







Next up is his signature Wartruck. As in my previous posts I kind of went for a similar look as I want to be able to mount models on it rather than going for an exact replica. I want to add on some hostages like in the movie but my attempts at making them haven't been very good and when you start searching the internet for prisoner miniatures it gets a bit to kinky to quickly.




I do have tons of raider types already but thought it would be rude not to tackle some of the unpainted lead pile so also got these four Marauder/Savages done. The guy with the shield I plan to add some sort of signage to but undecided on what as yet. So will come back to him.

3x Marauders with 1x Marauder Wrecker

 
I literally picked the cast on Saturday morning grabbing one of previous post apocalypse vehicles as a secondary car. Then choosing Stars and Co Stars. We had 50 ratings to play around with so it was quite a lot for an event. Usually they are around 40 ratings. But Vehicles will soak up a good chunk of that.

The Whole Case. I went with the following Apocalypse Profiles.

Lord Humungus (Overlord Star)
Wes (Grizzled Veteran Co Star)
Bullitt (Driving the second truck)
Marauder Raiding Party unit.
1x Marauder Leader
4x Marauders
1x Pyro
1x Wrecker

Lord Humungus Wartruck (Racer with Nitro mod)
Marauder Battle truck (Truck with, Flatbed, Ram plate and Harpoon Launcher) 


Marauder, Lord Humungus and Wrecker


Wes, Marauaders and Bullitt (next to not Iron Bar)








23 comments:

  1. Awesome figures, Simon! A fine tribute to a classic movie. How about the crier who loses his fingers to the boomerang :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dean! Yes he is on my to sort list. A bit of tricky looking character to convert or find in miniature form.

      Delete
  2. So cool! Well done on the war truck!

    As for finding a couple bodies to hang from the front, have you tried looking up “28mm torture victims” on Etsy? There are some 3d printed efforts that could work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai! Yeah but that gets dark quick looking up those.

      Delete
  3. Just walk away!

    Great figures and truck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look great, tons of personality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work on all of these, and bags of character!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great characters to add to your raiders, they fit in well with the others. Love the scratchbuild vehicles too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Joe. I have enjoyed making them. Though the other truck is an older one. I may repaint the body work as I think it looks a bit to bland all the same colour.

      Delete
  7. Smashing looking cast mate. Shame I couldnt make it as working. Still to play with the Apocalypse vehicle rules, so hope you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. I've not had chance to write it up on here yet as bit busy at work and home this week. The rules are pretty good. We only managed two games and our first game last 3 1/2 hours as there was a fair bit of clicking but the second game went much smoother.

      Delete
  8. Nicely done Simon, your now ready to tear up the board! Great work on the scratchbuilding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super work on both the minis and vehicles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderfull figures! Excellent painting.

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete