Monday 23 May 2022

Crooked Dice Goblin King

Concentrating on getting the remaining Goblins finished I got the Goblin King on Thorn by Crooked Dice finished. It was a gorgeous model to finish and I can't wait to have him lead his horde at the 7TV Event in July! I also picked up a few Otherworld minis I was after after they recently announced a price increase. So I have another Goblin Shaman to paint up and I got a druid and some giant Owls which I think will get added to my Elven Warband.

The throne is a gorgeous sculpt in its own right it has so many fab details from all the tiny faces dotted about to the Dwarf being crushed a top a bed of skulls. You can't see in the pics below but behind the King himself there is another row of skulls. 






I plan on taking a small board to the event but I don't have much Fantasy specific Terrain so I pick up some generic ruins by Renedra. They were quite easy to trim off, clean and assemble them all just spend a casual evening watching telly while I did it. I am undecided on whether to base the loose wall sections as I don't think they will be very stable during play. 


This is one each of the frames. The walls on the left side are what I think need basing and it will fit in better with the other pieces. I'm hoping once painted they will mix in with my LOTR Ruins


15 comments:

  1. That's a great looking figure Simon, just love the throne though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers very much Ray! Yeah I love this model was a must have when I saw it released!

      Delete
  2. Excellent work on the king Simon, the ruins look good, and agree that basing will help make them stable, and if you have time could be almost mini dioramas in their own right, which would make a very thematic board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave! Yes I agree. I need to grab some suitable bases or find something more rigid than cardboard.

      Delete
  3. That's just a superb paintjob on a cracking mini. Terrific D&D vibe to it, imho. Splendid work, Simon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. Yes indeed I love the style of goblins that Otherworld and Crooked Dice.

      Delete
  4. Great looking sculpt and fabulous brushwork on it, Simon. Love that carved wooden throne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dean! It was a great fun todo!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful mini and excellent painting work!
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful stuff.... loving the throne very royal....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stuart! Is he not the most royal looking Goblin ever! He told me so himself!

      Delete
  7. Amazing details on the throne itself!

    ReplyDelete