Wednesday 28 September 2022

Danger 5 Nazi Cast

These were originally what I was hoping to get finished for the recent 7TV Pulp Day. However I only managed to get Hitler and Blondie (Hitlers dog) finished with the Shock Trooper squad only being 80% finished. I still also need to get another Co Star done Though I am still working on him but other things have had to skip the queue as I have a Burrows and Badger event coming up on the 1st October and want to get a few more models done for that. 

These were a free sprue that came with Wargames Illustrated a few years back. They are Warlord Games Bolt Action winter infantry. I went with mostly KAR 98K rifles and MP40s for the sergeant/Officer. But the sprue game with all sorts of weapons. Panzerfausts, MP44s, G43 rifles but as I wanted them to fit an earlier period I went with the weapons mentioned earlier. I quite enjoyed doing these both assembling and painting. Though I probably would need to pick up some different paints if I was todo an army as I don't have German Field Grey and the other colours were mixed to match as good as possible to the Historical painting guides I'd been looking at.




I had to improvise with some of the arms so the trooper on the left is actually carrying ammo for a MG34 which the squad doesn't have. If I do decide to get some more and expand them then I will add an Mg34 armed trooper to the squad. The Sergeant and Officer got the MP40's 





Next up is Adolf Hitler himself. This model is from the Danger 5 set by Crooked Dice and is based of the rather amusing Series called Danger 5. Played by Carmine Russo


I went for just a black cross instead of the Swastika and applied the same to Golgo Satana below

Blondie is Hitlers dog both in real life and in the Danger 5 series however it is played by a rather amusing smoking puppet in the series.

I rebased Golgo Satana by Statusque and repainted her shoulder pips and armband to match Adolf's.


The Whole Cast together eventually I will have another officer and I may get some of the excellent Jet Troopers by Pulp Figures to round the cast out a bit.



12 comments:

  1. Great looking cast Simon, and good use of the freebies, the characters have a lot of character to them highlighted by your great painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. They are a really nice kit! I would definitely get more to expand this cast out a bit more and perhaps even branch into Bolt action.

      Delete
  2. Og, that's looking amazing! Love the cat :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal! I hope it doesn't look like a cat lol!

      Delete
  3. Great use of the freebies to make a useful looking group with an easy opporunity to add to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Joe! Yes indeed. Its a shame I couldn't find any of Septembers WI anywhere as they were shipping with Commonwealth, DAK or Italians I think very useful for these small projects.

      Delete
  4. That Hitler mini looks comical in a way ... must be his mustache. Don't get me wrong, the paint job is excellent ... it's the subject matter that's a bit comical in his expression, to me at least :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yes it meant to be comical. It is very much a spoof show.

      Delete