Monday 7 November 2022

Burrows and Badgers Rangers of the Darke Wood

Continuing on with more Burrows and Badger miniatures I've decided to tackle some of my larger and massive creature which are slowly building up in my Pile of Opportunity.

First up we have one of my fave models the Badger Ranger. I love the brooding post on this one. Badgers make pretty good archers as they are Strong 3 meaning they add +3 to any damage they inflict when using bows. Combine this was Camo Cloaks/Ambush attacks and using Bodkin Arrows (ignores armour) they can be very dangerous!




Next up another Ranger type but this time an Otter who again have Strong 1 but are also pretty decent fighters all round. I am toying with the idea of a Wildling  Allegiance warband which will either be Ranger themed or a Tribal Toad/Lizard/Frog theme. I already have good few cloaked creatures done already to boost their numbers but they also do a fantastic cloaked Hare which I would love to pick up







13 comments:

  1. Wonderful work on both the Badger, and Otter Simon. I ranger style force sounds interesting, as does the Tribal theme force, especially with my fondness for frogs and lizards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers very much Dave! I have most the models for it tbh. I would just need some more tribal looking frogs. I got some 3d prints come through which could work but they are a little on the small side.

      Delete
  2. The badger ranger is really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. It became one of my must gets when I saw it get released!

      Delete
  3. Really digging the schemes and paintjobs on these two. Your idea of a reptile/amphibian team sounds fun! (Did you see the greenstuff sculpts for a pair of Newts Michael put up on his Facebook page?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai! Yeah my only issue is I would need to use none Oathsworn sculpts which kind of makes me a little bad about using them. I have got some 3d printed frog bowmen which would mix in with the Oathsworn Toads/Frog.

      Yes I saw the newts they look excellent. I think they will come out mid next year as another kickstarter. I may hold of on that idea until those are released.

      Delete
  4. Wonderfully sculped miniatures, superbly painted as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Cheers Carl! Yes I am very much looking forward to doing the street gang!

      Delete
  6. Love how the bright colors on the base play off the more muted colors of the figurine itself.

    ReplyDelete