Tuesday 28 February 2023

I am still alive post......Just busy!!

 Hi everyone apologies its all been a bit quiet here on the hobby front. Real life has been in the way. We've had a new addition to the family, well I say new but we had him New Years Eve and he is 4 months old this weekend. So meet Frankie he is a Lab/Dogue de Bordeaux and we are enjoying having a pup in the family again and its cheered up our older dog Alfie no end having a companion. Frankie has grown super quick and is keeping us all on our toes!



Then the other thing is we are extending our extension and replacing our kitchen which started out really well but has hit a snag where we can't work out were the waste/water pipes enter the house under the extension meaning we are having to lose the kitchen 2 weeks in rather than 8 weeks in!





I've been trying to get some stuff done for a 7TV Apocalypse event on the 18th March next month however all the above has kind of impacted on my hobby time. I was hoping to get a Deathlands themed cast around the man known as  'Trader' and his companions. I've already got a military buggy done for my Joe project which I plan to use and my intention then is to paint up a Hummer with a few weapon systems on to carry more of my cast



So the two on the left will just be members of the crew. We have JB Dix then Trader himself. JB wears a Battered Fedora so I sort of reshaped the hat on this Hasslefree sculpt. Trader always smokes cigars and carries an Armalite AR15 so the old version of Hannibal Smith with an appropriate paint job and painted on beard/stubble should do the trick.



Trader from one of the Graphic Audio covers

The Armourer or JB Dix as is known as in the books.


Ryan Cawdor I did ages ago as dual purpose mini




A Crooked Dice Hummer I had in the stash. I plant to get it painted and just pin on a missile pod and a sort of light autocannon. I'll have these removeable so I can swap out different weapons on them.



Let see what the next few weeks bring!




23 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you Simon, building work is never easy, and something unexpected always seems to come up, hopefully it all gets sorted soon for you. Great looking puppy and I'm sure he's keeping you busy. The models are looking good, and a very interesting looking cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. Yes indeed we were just not expecting to lose the existing one so early in the build.

      Delete
  2. It's good to have you back. I hope you get things solved soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Suber! It will be worth it in the end!

      Delete
  3. Fingers crossed for the extension to the extension. Always good to hear your hobby updates and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy! It will be so worth it in the end.

      Delete
  4. Nice to see you post mate, shame the extension is coming up with a few issues, but once done I'm sure that'll be a happy result.

    Hope you'll be able to find time to post a report on the event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dai! I'll try as always but I get distracted.

      Delete
  5. It's good to see you around again Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the snags, but it will be worth it once it's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its one of those things it was going to smoothly!

      Delete
  7. Welcome back!
    Great to see some news from you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see you back Simon, though I have seen your name on various facebook sites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry. Yes I often am on Facebook to be honest usually when I am at work or lying in bed!

      Delete
    2. I think we must be following the same sites...

      Delete
  9. Good to know you are still out there - we redid our kitchen about two years ago but no building work necessary, it was mostly just cosmetic - benches cupboards etc sayed the same layout, just got replaced by a new version - we would have been happy just to repaint the existing stuff and update fittings (door handles etc) but in the mad way of the modern world, it was cheaper to rip the whole existing kitchen out and insert a brand new one!
    Like your new dog, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rross. Yes we are in a similar position our kitchen is about 30 years old. Doors and windows need replacing as well. The units are no good at all though and the chip board is brittle making repairs difficult.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like the local takeaways are gonna get hit hard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I wish. We will manage still got a microwave, toaster and we have camping stoves.

      Delete
  11. I'm impressed that you;ve managed to get anything done considering your new arrival and the work being done.

    ReplyDelete