Saturday 11 July 2015

Chilling Raiders.


Another manic week in the Brummie household have been busy most nights this week with one thing or another. Finally got in a painting session Thursday night and finished off another Raider. This time the models is from Scabies Punks from Wargames Foundry's Street Violence range. I had started this guy way back when the Across the Dead Earth game was going into production and I had the Redclaw minus Fatboy and this guy was going to be a stand in and later on an addition to the gang. well Fatboy arrived before I could get him finished so he has languished on the paint desk for around 12 months now! TBH he was quick to finish mainly the clothing, weapons and metallic area's requiring work.

The characters name on the Foundry suitable is Mongo Smash which I think I'll keep :) The buckles down the guys leather trousers drove me nuts lol. I will get the rest of the pack done at some point as they are also primed and ready to go.






I shall probably continue with more EM4  Raiders as the week goes on but I've also based the Mars Attacks Ruins I previewed a couple of months back. They are no in fixed position and all the accessories have been based and I think it adds a lot to there general appearance. They are also more stable something which in a recent game of 7TV2e we found if you breathed on them they fell over lol

 
 The Awesome Accessories you get in the pack  I shall still use of the US looking mailboxes but they will be rubbish bins rather than for there intended use. Theres a couple of signs a 'STOP' and a directional one but I think I will incorporate them into a larger terrain piece somehow.




All Primed with a cheap black acrylic paint mixed with PVA. The top ruin's base warped as I ran out of my cake bases and used normal card. Luckily sticking the tray on it over night as it was still drying has pushed flat again. Next step is to add some debris and other detritus to them. I may have to get some putty and fill all the holes in as well. 

Bit more work on some Thunderchild Miniatures  Radioactive Refreshments. I managed to finish off the Creature Feature Comforts. Shown below with Raiders who after a busy day pillaging and looting the wastes need to put there feet up and chill with Nuka Cola and a rat on a stick.





Well thats it for now. I am off to the Barrage Wargames Show in the morning in Stafford with Pulp Citizen to browse and make a few purchases. First time at this show so looking forward to it :) Hope you having a good weekend all :)


31 comments:

  1. Looking good. Great work on that raider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great looking raider. I always suspected the Mars Attacks stuff would need o be based and they will look much better on bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Robert. I think as cheap terrain you could plonk them down as they are. But if your mixing them with other bits I think they need basing to make it look more pleasing to the eye.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers they have some nice other bit. Quite like there mootant cows and the pen there in as well as the Supermutant dude.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely wonderful Simon, but I have a pang of guilt every time I see any Mars Attacks stuff! That sofa brings back fond memories of student days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate! I've had few sofas like that pass through our doors lol.

      Delete
  5. Excellent work on the latest raider, and oh my, but you have been productive with the terrain mate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. 15mins with a hot glue gun and some scissors and about 3hrs painting it with a big ass brush lol!

      Delete
  6. I am greatly impressed with your continued work on "Across the Dead Earth" The latest raider looks very good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint. These will be used from a multitude of settings from ATDE to This is not a Test and whatever other settings Stalker etc I fancy doing :)

      Delete
  7. Now he's a real blast from the past.....
    Great paint job.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart, Yes quite an old mini but then all the Grenadier stuff is probably a similar age and still going strong :)

      Delete
  8. The new gangs is coming along well mate.

    Nice work with the Mars Attacks terrain, the basing it really takes it up a level or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Its amazing how even basing the small scatter stuff increases its presence. I think because minis are based most of the time they come across as bigger than they are.

      Delete
  9. There is so much to admire in this post, Simon. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that lil' couch is so cute... do lil' rats live in it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mongo Smash! What a great name! Some great work Simon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol wish I could claim credit for that. Thanks Ray :)

      Delete
  12. Your superb brushwork on figures are match by your fantastic terrain work, Simon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. I hope I can get these to turn out as well as my other terrain.

      Delete
  13. All of those buckles on Mongo Smash would've driven me nuts too! Glad you persevered, Mongo looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, loads on the go dude. Mongo looks great and really fits with the others. The Mars Attacks stuff looks very useful and the sofa is top quality dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. Yes always got loads on. Means I can do a bit here and there :)

      Delete
  15. Yeah, those buckles look a right pain in the rump. And really, not practical in the least, clothes-design-wise. :)

    Great paint job though.

    The scenery stuff is rather nice. Those couches look very convincing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicely done, very atmospheric...love the couch especially!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good job bringing out the details of his leather straps and bullets on the ammo belt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice terrain Simon, and the sofas look so real. Did you ever finish the LOTR ruin you got awhile back?

    ReplyDelete