Wednesday 14 November 2012

A Whingy update..... Sorry

I have absolutely nothing to show this week, due to a stomach bug which went round the whole household the weekend we essentially lost two days of just feeling yuck and trying to help the SWMBO look after two grizzly unwell children whilst feeling like crap as well.....not FUN.  So consequently have not been doing much hobby stuff..

Shame really I picked up some figures Friday that I'm itching to get started on as I'm going to use them in a little diorama piece that I'm making for a competition over at Board of The Living Lead Its only a friendly one and is just for fun the deadline for completion is Christmas Eve and then we will post pics on the forum and then they will be voted on by the members to see who wins. 

Rules are simply its a Diorama that must be based on a CD and have at least 2 miniatures, one of which must be a zombie. I've themed mine around the a zombie book series I'm reading at the moment.

I started work on it a few months ago and over the past couple of weeks have done a few more bits to it and it is progressing nicely. The diorama base is built just requires texture adding to it and the whole thing needs painting up. The figures will still have there normal bases as I want to use them besides for just this diorama.

I might do a how I built it post as I've taken some pics of it being built. I'll do this after the competition though as I want it to be a surprise.

Here's hoping you are all well and normal service will resume shortly!




22 comments:

  1. Oooh, that competition sounds intriguing!

    Looking forward to seeing more about your entry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well a whingy update proves you are from Birmingham Brummie! ;)

    Hope you are feeling better - if not now, then soon - matey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to start my competition entry!!!! So you are miles ahead of me.

    Hope you and the family feel better as soon as possible, if not sooner. All the best Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you can do it! get cracking.

      Delete
    2. One figure has arrived now. So once I have had a practice I will start!

      3 zombies in Birmingham city colours taking a leak against a wall (JK)

      Delete
    3. LOL If it was WBA that would be more my team

      Delete
  4. These things are sent to really try us, get well soon Brummie and let us know how your competition goes - looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Why don't you join in? Not seen you there for a while?

      Delete
  5. Get well soon mate. Know how you feel, I had a severe problem with a crippling back injury and not done any hobby stuff. Only thing iv managed to do is catch up on Bloodbowl league games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that mate much more serious than a stomach bug. Your team's doing well though!

      Delete
  6. Funny the orange
    Hello Brummie good recovery to the family
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. here's wishing you and your family a speedy recovery, mate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Real life mate, don't worry about it, hope everyone is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you've been having fun, there's nothing more exciting as sickly kids when you feel like crap yourself! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was off work a few days last week with a nasty cold too. Does seem to be the season for it! I ended up using one of my weekend days (after I'd mostly recovered) to do some painting. But then, I didn't have sick kids to look after! I trust everyone is on the mend now...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that sounds like seriously good fun! The competition that is and not the illness, which sounds horrid. Hope you are all on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember those days well. As soon as I got The Hubby and the kids through it, I'd come down with it.

    Sounds like an exciting project and hopefully you'll fell well enough to tuck into it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best wishes to a speedy recovery for the whole household!

    I am making good progress on my entry. Really looking forward to seeing the other entries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the well wishing we are all on the mend just need to get back into the flow of things a bit out of sync this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you feel better soon! That sounds like a cool competition! good luck!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Pumpkin! Glad eveyone is recovering. Heres the link to those cars on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=50x+HO+Gauge+1%3A100+Scale+painted+Model+Cars+&_sacat=0&_from=R40

    ReplyDelete