Friday 28 June 2019

7TV Day IV Pulptastic! Plans part 3

So work continues on my cast for the Pulp Day with me finishing my Underworld Boss (Villains pack 1) who is earmarked to be my Kingpin of Crime for my Pulp day cast. Its been super busy at work this week so only got around to posting about this guy now and part way throught the week my Crooked Dice Pulp Kickstarter has arrived! Yay the minis are gorgeous and I have popped on some pics below of those. It also means I have the two models I need to get done for my cast the Kingpin and the Hulking Henchmen. This means that my Underworld boss will get moved down to be a mob boss in place of the 'Bull' who I finished already :)







 I went all in and got both Hero and Villain sets and the maguffins on the right were included as part of that pledge.
 L-R Hulking Henchman, Kingpin of Crime, Femme Fatale and Ancient Evil 
 Intrepid Adventurer
 Cynical Gumshoe
 Intrepid Adventurer, Cynical Gumshoe and Jungle Paragon. 
 Degenerate Monarch

 Some excellent objective markers to use as maguffins love the Ark of the Covenant and some other infamous Pulp themed items Golden Monkey, Falcon etc

 All cleaned up and glued to bases some Statuesque miniatures and Artizan Thrilling Tales I stripped.
First batch with some putty down on there bases. 

26 comments:

  1. I like him and that degenerate monarch figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Fran. The monarch didn't do it for me seeing the render but the figure is another story. I am trying to figure out a cast to go with her now.

      Delete
  2. Great stuff Simon, and good to hear your KS goodies have arrived too - I'm looking forward to seeing you paint them up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude. I am on it just realised I made an error and need a second Tommy gunner! Best get painting!

      Delete
  3. Is that wood filler putty you are using on the bases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil. I use yellow/grey milliput which I then rough up with an old kids paint brush

      Delete
  4. Lots of great figures there, Simon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous miniatures. I think some of Karl's/Ernst's best.

      Delete
  5. Brilliant stuff Simon! Just love that purple vest - and nice touch making the henchman's purple as well 😃
    The pulp KS stuff looks absolutely fantastic! I didn't realize how tall the mummy was - and those maguffins, wow!!
    *got my email yesterday from Karl so looking forward to getting my box😃*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo it will be great to open mate. They are gorgeously done. Cheers I have been watching Dick Tracy and they all wear quite bright costumes in it. So it's a little nod to that.

      Delete
  6. Great work on the boss model Simon, the crew so far looks awesome, and some nice new models to play with as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic work on the boss Simon! The flesh work is superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Terry the sculpt it self makes it very easy to do.

      Delete
  8. The paint job is top notch & the new models look wonderful Simon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Frank. They are cracking sculpts I have nearly got a pair done for Saturday and will hopefully post them Friday.

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous Kingpin mini, his face in particular is outstanding.
    Great set of models you still have to go, these are going to be a lot of fun to paint up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Wouter thanks it is all done to the great sculpt and casting.

      Delete
  10. Great work Simon, I'm looking forward to reading your tales from the meeting, you will certainly have a crew to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Vagabond. I shall try to take lots of pics.

      Delete
  11. Looking forward to seeing the Femme Fatal and the Degenerate Monarch painted up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice looking miniature ... sculpt-wise and paint job too.

    ReplyDelete