Wednesday 30 July 2014

Post Apoc Scatter Terrain and Ruins and more Mini's!

I've done a bit more work on the terrain front this week. The Post box has been based and various bits of rubble has been added and a sculpted skull and a wheel hub from the bits box. The Phone box will be next once I can find a suitable base to put it on.


The ruins are sitting in limbo at the minute I'm trying to workout whether I should add on some coarse turf for the over grown look or whether to have a go at stippling on some paint for a moss effect.




In other news I've received all my kickstarter miniatures for Across the DeadEarth so can now fill in the gaps (Reggie and Fatboy) paint up the release version of Skylar and I have my hands on 'The State'



I've started converting a new gang for Across the Dead Earth. There being called The Jaguar's led by the infamous Maximillian the master mechanic. Living in the ruins of Fort Dunlop on the outskirts of The Rag Market they have scavenged lots of machinery and tools out of the nearby derelict car plant and moved into a nearby ruined office block adjacent to an ancient shopping district.

The pics a bit crude. Maxmillian was finished being painted last night so will get some pics done later today!



24 comments:

  1. I do like what I can see. The ruins will turn out well, I am sure, with your masters hand at work whether you go for stippling moss or Rough tufts or even both. I shall enjoy watching how this moves on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I'm going to get some coarse turf and have bash with adding some of that should brighten it up a bit.

      Delete
  2. Some great work here Simon and I love the conversions for your next group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Michael finished the first two of the new gang and the rest are now on there way to being basecoated.

      Delete
  3. You have some good stuff going on here, Simon. I'll be watching your progress with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoying the local twist you're adding to the back story and the terrain is very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers I have loads of ideas for more Birmingham themed gangs so keep you eyes peeled for more in the not so distant future!

      Delete
  5. Hola
    Gran trabajo con el terreno
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the battlefield 'scatter' stuff, very cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's probably nothing more iconic that a postbox and telephone box that say's you're in Britain, even if they're both becoming very rare these days (especially the victorian one).
    The two statues may be a bit out of place but I like them and the ruins too.The ruins do need a bit of colour imo, whether it's greenery or litter to brighten them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks as soon as I saw them at the WMMS show I just had to have them for my ATDE games. The statues probably won't be used for ATDE but as they come with the set I figured why not just paint them up as well!

      Delete
  8. I wonder what the postbox would look like if it was gold instead of the more traditional red? Or even if it had peeling gold paint over the top of a red basecoat?

    For overseas readers, I'm referring to the recent custom for Royal Mail to honour a gold-medal-winning athlete by repainting their local postbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will most certainly be red! None of this gold shenanigans!

      Delete
  9. The post box looks great the ruins can use some undergrowth. Looks like you'll have a great table layout very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they need dressing up a bit. Found the right material that I want now just need payday to arrive to order some!

      Delete
  10. Very nice terrain collection coming together there Simon.
    I really like your converted gang, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a lot going on! That can never be a bad thing - especially with all the little clutter. Those really add to the games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've seen some road signs and stuff that I'm going to pick up and dot about on some of the terrain.

      Delete
  12. Charming stuff, you are doing it definitely right :)

    ReplyDelete