Wednesday 16 July 2014

Wrecked Car from Project Zeke Miniatures

Had a weekend of painting terrain done plenty of work has been done to my LOTR Ruins but they aren't quite ready yet. Got sent a lovely Resin Car Wreck sample from Simon the guy behind Project Zeke miniatures (Click the name for the site) It arrived with some of his P-Sec Security Guards and some very cool Luggage. This probably took me about 40-60 mins over a couple of evenings excluding drying times.

I washed it in warm soapy water first then gave it a black undercoat just to make sure the colours would adhere. Painted all the panel Steel Drab, Dark Tone wash, then dry brushed heavily with a dark grey (I was doing the ruins at the same time). Then I dry brushed the raised areas with Baneblade Brown (a sort of stony light brown) then mixed up some browny orange paint which I stippled over it.




Its turned out surprisingly well I was going to do something similar to some of my diecast cars I have sitting around but I'm going to get me some more of these when they go on sale as they are just so awesomely easy to knock out and they look great.

I'm really pleased with how its turned out its boost my confidence a bit so I'm going on a terrain crusade this year. I have lots of old Warhammer card buildings and some other home made bits which whilst ok doesn't look that great. I'm looking to replace them with some decent buildings. Most likely there will be some pre-painted ruins from 4 Ground on the cards but I've also been looking at Warlord Games Ruined Hamlet For Bolt Action

32 comments:

  1. The rust looks really good. It really makes it look like a decayed wreck. Nice one Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. Its boosted my confidence with terrain immensely. I've going to pick a few more up as these are easier to do than messing with diecasts.

      Delete
  2. That's a great result for the time invested Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your paint work, Simon. What a great looking wrecked car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really came out great. You make it look so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice paint Simon.
    Terrain is an important element of our hobby, which can often be overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thakns Bob. Its something I lack in for all my periods. It will be my mission this year to decorate a board with it.

      Delete
  6. That looks really good. Very effective paint work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking wreck - I fear with all the rust, it may not be good for cover :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. Doesn't mean you can't hide behind it.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for including the mini tutorial Simon. It helps us all to pick up new techniques.

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. The next ones I'll do a proper tutorial and take step by step pics.

      Delete
  9. I've said it before but I'll say it again. Lovely rust job, mate. It's a phenomenal feeling to see someone do such a great job on something you've produced so thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and Thanks for sending me a sample. I shall be ordering more at the end of the month ;)

      Delete
    2. It's my pleasure, mate. A showcase like this makes it well worth its weight in resin ;-)

      Delete
  10. Excellent work on the wreck mate. Very nicely done with the rust. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. I'm going to have a go on some diecasts as well but I need to get a some black spray paint to start them off.

      Delete
  11. I can't wait I've always liked a good crusade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK I think this was meant for another blog?

      Delete
    2. Ha ha sorry mate I need to remember what I write lol! Was a bit distracted yesterday had really bad tooth ache ended up having the sucker pulled out by an emergency dentist last night!

      Delete
  12. Great paint job mate, cant wait to see the LOTR ruin finished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. Just trying to get some water stains and moss worked out. Painting a few figs while I mull it over but hopefully they'll be done by end of next week.

      Delete
  13. I like it. Very convincing rust, Simon.

    ReplyDelete