Sunday 17 August 2014

Jester's I.A.O Squad. Jester himself and Skelch the Sharpshooter

Spurred on by seeing the painted State figures over at Rich's house the other night I've decided to crack out the paints on my own set. First two are finished though I ended up going back and changing some of the material on the bases as they didn't look right. Some comments where bags, severed dinosaur penis and erm looks like a turd lol!

I've restructured some of the debris and add in some rust metal and sand. I'm leaving as is for now until I get hold of some tufts and other basing bits.

First up is Captain Jester the leader of the State I.A.O squad. As there meant to where a mix of military, police and other clothing I went for some randomly created camo trousers a British officer cap and shirt and just a brown leather trench coat.




Next up was Skelch his base wasn't so bad but again I've altered it a bit more. Paint scheme wise I wasn't sure what to do with his rifle it didn't look like it should be wood and I felt would look odd all in metal so decided to have a go a doing some sort of camouflage cover on it. Adding a third random camouflage pattern to his bandanna I didn't want to do another different camouflage on his clothing so just did a plain brown jacket and green trousers.





Here are just a few pic of how the bases where before.  There was two revisions first changing there shape and adding in some steal and then to add in some sand.



Working at a fast pace to get some more bits of scenery serviceable as I have Pulp Citizen joining me for a game of Across the Dead Earth on Tuesday evening. I still haven't added flock to my ruins yet (haven't managed to buy any yet) but the will still get used.

37 comments:

  1. Great looking figures. The bases are vastly improved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like real leather on his coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dez. It took lots of coats and subtle changes in shade of brown.

      Delete
  3. Excellent work, Simon, and I'm so glad you decided to change the bases. They look MUCH better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. It took 3 revisions I'm glad there finally finished now though.

      Delete
  4. Nice work on both, and I have to agree the bases do look better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mix of colors and camo patterns on these two. The lack of any insignia on Jesters cap seems fitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I was in to minds it was what I thought of first. The suggestion of painting it like a police officers cap was another.

      Delete
  6. Excellent work mate. I must get over and have a game with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dude. If you can get to Birmingham on the 13th September the demo board will be at Waylands Forge

      Delete
  7. Great looking figures and basing, as always. The attention to detail really shows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Cheers its some random pattern found off google. The rest will be something similiar though I want to have a crack on DPM on one of the remaining three it will most likely be just a pair of trousers or something.

      Delete
  9. You really are nailing these Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup, very nice work. I think we're all beginning to sound like a stuck record here :-) ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hugh :) its all encouragement for me to get the rest finished :D

      Delete
  11. Lovely job dude! Nice camo's. I really like these figures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bases are much improved camo on the rifle was spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers very much Rob. Cheers for the tips on LAF.

      Delete
  13. I can only agree, the bases do fit in much more. I've been looking at the old ones again and it finally struck me - they were too round, like huge pebbles. Knife is your best friend and when something looks odd, some cuts always help :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate and thanks for the Advice as well :)

      Delete
  14. What a great pair of figures, I really love this technique you have of under-stated pastel-like colours, but I think you have surpassed yourself with the leather effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Joe. I've started adding in more layers of different shades and thats just kind of how it ended up. The coat was done the same way but I gave it 2-3 washes of soft tone to blend it all in.

      Delete
  15. Said it before but I really enjoy your use of colour Simon, very cool

    ReplyDelete