Saturday 23 August 2014

Paint Table Saturday and unintentional Summary of the year so far.



Not something I've done for a while and its been a slow week painting wise. Various bits requiring a lick of paint this week. Wreck-Age, Across the Dead Earth Figures, Empire of the Dead and a ton of other stuff that  is calling out to be finished off lol.

A while back I spent a weekend assembling some Mantic Dwarfs with my two girls here. Well last Sunday morning me and my eldest Carmen (6) sat down and with a bit of tuition got the first two dwarfs finished off. I'm quite chuffed they're really quite neat for a first go and the colours were all her own choice so not bad really they could of all been pink.



My friend keeps quite a good track of what he's painted so far over the year across his blogs. Its not something I normally keep track of until I do the yearly update. I thought I'd have a check anyhow and see how much I actually have got done as I felt at the beginning of the year I didn't really get a lot done.

Well I've gone through all my posts and the total for the year to date so far is 63 figures 13 were 15mm and the rest 28mm. In addition to that we have 5 Car Wrecks and a set of a medium sized set of ruins have also been painted. I don't normally do terrain very often I'm not sure how to quantify them.

Checking in with my end of year posts I seem to be slowing down lol. 147 figures in 2012, 115 in 2013 and for this year well we'll see what happens come Decemeber lol :P Saying that though I have played far more games this year as well as helping out beta test the Across the Dead Earth game.

Didn't quite intend to ramble on so much but I suppose sometimes you just end up doing it :)

26 comments:

  1. Sounds like my painting totals over the years! Tell Carmen her dwarves are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola
    Buena cantidad de minis tienes a la espera
    Tus pequeños an echo un trabajo muy agradable a la vista y buenos los colores
    A disfrutar del finde semana
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  3. All progress is still progress whatever the speed. Well done sir, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your year to date beats my whole year last year! :D

    Keep it up mate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. Its just weird how its seems to be slowing down lol

      Delete
  5. lil' dwarves are delightful

    ReplyDelete
  6. The two dwarves are very neatly painted. Kudos to Carmen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan, Carmen is beaming with from all the comments here and on facebook :D

      Delete
  7. Kudos to Carmen, indeed. Great job. Clearly you have a child-prodigy on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously 6 years old and she paints like that. Paintmonkey is sad! Paint monkey is a lot older. Paintmonkey has an unhappy face as he was no where near that good at that age. Paintmonkey has a happy face that Carmen is so good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets hope she does more of it. I think some my little pony miniatures might find there way into someone Christmas stocking this year.

      Delete
  9. Hey Simon:
    Always good to keep track of progress, even if you had some help getting there. Have you considered that you might be more productive if you also wore a Princess dress? Just a thought. :)
    Cheers,
    MP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be a wise investment. I can keep my normal clothes paint free that way from accidents

      Delete
  10. Great Dwarves there and it is good to see it is in the family. I dont keep totally as I find I would be crying as the numbers of painted figures drops year after year. However this year I have noticed a move to terrain pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've forced myself to get some terrain done as well this year. It certainly takes a lot longer than miniatures thats for sure.

      I'd say my recent stuff is better painted so perhaps its a sign of painting more carefully which has reduced the output.

      Delete
  11. Didn't she do well! I would have sworn that you were up on your painting totals this year Simon, as there has been so much to enjoy lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carmen has been beaming with the praise and is very proud of them.

      Me too strange it is!

      Delete
  12. That's still a fair amount of figures so far for the year! All I know is its a hell of a lot more than I've painted in the last 6 months!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but look at how many you lot got done in your challenge!

      Delete
  13. Awesome to hear the kids joined in!

    ReplyDelete