Sunday 31 August 2014

Jesters IAO Squad Siwoc the Scout


Its been a busy but enjoyable break from work. Back to the grindstone tomorrow and back to school runs etc etc! Been to loads of places this week with the family visited the Think Tank science museum in the centre of Birmingham and a great time was had by all of us. Another day out was to wonderful Stourport by the river a lovely walk, played with the kids on there excellent park then a fish and chip supper by the river!

Anyway have managed to get all of The State Gang completed though I've only managed to take photo's of SIWOC the Scout from Jesters IAO squad. THe bloody camera has died so that is now on charging before I can take pics of the other two and get some of the completed gang.

This has been one of my favourites from concept to the sculpt from the get go I really love this figure.

Siwoc

Siwoc picked up his name from an off-hand utterance which became a catchphrase in his first squad (“Situation is…world of chaos!”) Assigned to Jester due to his hatred of the Gang lifestyle and way of life, Siwoc wishes to bring
order to the chaos around him. Precise, quick witted and showing an amazing alertness to tactical opportunities, Siwoc makes for the perfect eyes and ears in the squad.






I only have Crimson and the proper release miniature of Skylar to paint and then I will have painted the whole set of currently available Across The Dead Earth miniatures! Woot Woot. I have plenty of figures to convert though and I've seen some top secret concepts and other pics of some of the upcoming gangs and I can say I'm really quite excited about what is going to be coming out so stay tuned for more info soon.




40 comments:

  1. Very nice! There is a lot of great PA stuff that's tempting me into 28mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes very much so. I love the style of this range from Across the Dead Earth. But I also really like the Wreck Age range as well.

      Delete
  2. This is hands down my favorite miniature from ATDE so far. Great paintjob, I love the earthy tones instead of blacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. I kind of deliberately didn't want them to just look like special forces troopers in black etc.

      Delete
  3. Terrific work. The delicate shading on the clothes adds a lot to the figure. SIWOC is a great acronym, mind if I steal it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I really enjoyed this one. I think the colour combination makes it look just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much I really enjoyed painting this guy up. I intend on getting another and giving him some melee weapons.

      Delete
  5. Great figure and great paint job, Simon. I'm sure Lord Siwoc himself would approve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much I hope. The suggestion of a pink shell suit with a bunny on the back was not approved of!

      Delete
  6. Nice mini, lovely paint work. Where's Johnny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I have no idea but probably drinking mead with a whiskey chaser!

      Delete
  7. Another well painted character. Love the mask - oddly having an engaging appearance to it;)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stop it stop it stop it! They all look so good I am in danger of getting side-tracked so stop it you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. another cracking paint job and on a great figure too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nicely painted. By the way, is that a new blog banner ... the artwork is absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Its going to be a regular change to the blog so keep your eyes peeled for new ones :)

      Delete
  11. He's all aces no fanying about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice painting, as ever. What's with the mask, though? Is it to intimidate people he meets, to preserve his secret identity or to hide some terrible deformity :-) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its obviously to protect his face from people trying to gouge out his eyes with rottenwooden spoons

      Delete
  13. Very nice, Simon. The hockey mask suits him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice. and Johnny rocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel like I already know this guy - great paintjob as always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great stuff as always; I really like all your takes on AtDE! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. I shall look forward to yours and Robs :D

      Delete
  17. I could have sworn I had written on this!!

    Good work mate! And yes...I made a VETO on the pink bunny suit!

    Looking forward to getting my mini me!!

    ReplyDelete