Monday 5 September 2011

This weeks WIP

Been busy this week catching up with puttying the bases on nearly all my previous miniatures that have been posted before . I have managed to get some painting done on my Men in Black and some of the Corporate Babes. Flesh is mostly done on them just need to add highlights to the clothing and paint the weapons.

I picked up a Rachel Knight off ebay for £2 including p&p to use a survivor as she comes equipped with a nice backpack and holding a revolver and has a sheathed knife. I have converted the Assault/Raiding (really not sure which is which) to be armed with a spare Steyr Asault rifle from  a Wargames Foundry Street Violence pack.

I've also joined the Post Apoc Forums after watching Mad Max 2 on telly the other night. It put me in a Post Apocalyptic mood. This has some great articles, miniatures and terrain and is nice friendly place.

It also lead me into making some Wasteland Stalkers. I bought last year some SOTR Russian Snipers and the Special Character Nika to use as some sort of militia or  Zombie hunters as they all have scoped bolt action rifles. They got bought and left in my leadpile until now. One has been converted she was carrying stick grenades in both hands (a bit strange for a sniper?) so i removed this and replaced them with some nasty looking knives The rifle is removed at the moment for painting. I think with a desert, patchy paint scheme they will fit in quite well.

Anyway enough of my mad rambling heres the pics.




14 comments:

  1. Looking good dude, really like the corporate hitmen/Men in black guys great models :)

    The SoTR stuff is good got a small German force for it, some of the models can be a little hit and miss though.

    Now you;ve got me looking on teh copple stone castings site haha to many nice models on there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to spam dude, just a quick question how do the copplestone models compare to hasslefree stuff quality and sizewise?

    Thought I'd check before I order some bits from them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and No worries. Its a bit hard to say to be honest i'd say the Copplestone are a little chunkier but not by much. I did some pics on this post theres Dixon, Hasslefree and Copplestone on there.

    Personally I think they fit well together

    http://brummieswargamingblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/pics-of-chicks.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the Man in black, they are really evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like the men in black, they cover so much agencies and covert groups/bodyguards, very good paintwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Zerloon and Angry Lurker. thanks I see them like you say as covert groups probably some kind of corparate bodyguards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, Brummie. I, too, am a big fan of the Copplestone Men in Black but what I like even more are the Corporate Babes. The lass with the katana is an absolute beauty. I painted her up as a St. Trinian's school girl, which seemed kind of fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Mr V Indeed she is a very nice sculpt the one with the SMG is a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent work, I've got the warm acre miniatures too and those two are (by far) the best. Other miniatures of this company are, unfortunately, incomparable with hasslefree, copplestone foundry or dixon. So badly sculpted that they are neary unusable. It's a pity... BUT warm acre guys are really kind and helpful and, on ebay, their minis are really cheap....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sets you display here, especially the Copplestone babes. Men In Black fit anywheres though, so they're a great set to have. Can't wait to see these finalized.

    PS the skin on the SMG totting corporate babe looks great.

    Adam
    http://adam-mph.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Gnotta yes i have been pondering about getting the Warm Acre Rachel Knight for a while. It popped up on Ebay and nobody had bid on it. ;o) Mine now.

    @Adam Cheers She is a nice curvy miniature to paint amd seemed easy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work Brummie, Men in black with the blue ties they are excellent, so is the chick with the Katana.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work Brummie. I've not got the Men in Black (yet!); think I might have to now though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Extraordinarii and Cmnash Cheers they are almost finished hopefully if i get time tonight i will have them done.

    ReplyDelete