Sunday 13 October 2013

Zomtober Entry no 2

This weeks entry is another survivor. Very kindly given to me by Darkoath from http://darkoathdeadlead.blogspot.co.uk/ who having read of my search for the OOP Griffin miniatures survivors kindly contacted me to send me this fella a VERY BIG THANK YOU it show how great a community we have amongst the bloggers.

Very chuffed to have been given him I now have three out of the five survivor figures.

The axe was a little bit damaged which has caused me to delay painting him as I really wasn't sure how to go about repairing it. Zombtober has helped me to get on with it and I've now fixed it by adding a ball of putty and filing it down into roughly the right shape and I got him painted so a double bonus! He'll be useful for 7ombietv as most characters have melee weapons.

Also Carl has hit the 25'000 hit mark and is having a giveaway! Go check out his blog. I love his blood bowl reports!


Really must apologise this week the weather has been cack all week and besides taking photos 3 times since finishing him on Thursday these are the best i've got :(



EDIT: Brightened up a bit so retook the photos (Slightly better but miss my outdoor pics)


The Blog Roll so far.

Pulp Citizen
eclecticgentlemantabletopgamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Rob Bresnen
fourcoloursupers.blogspot.co.uk/

Doctor Warlock
the-illustrated-london-news.blogspot.co.uk/

Robert Audin
fiendsinwaistcoats.blogspot.co.uk/

The Demonic Visions
demonicvisions.wordpress.com/

Patient Zero (Shelldrake)
zombiewargame.blogspot.co.uk/

Hugh
colgar6.blogspot.co.uk

Clint
clint-anythingbutaone.blogspot.co.uk/

Michael Awdry
28mmvictorianwarfare.blogspot.co.uk/

Baconfat
baconfatblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Kieron
www.cheaphammer.blogspot.co.uk/

Lead Admiral
leadadmiral.blogspot.co.uk/

PMMDJ
metal-skirmish.blogspot.co.uk/

Lord Siwoc
lordsiwoc.blogspot.co.uk/

Mr.Marx
dinky-bloggity-blog-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

Doctor Zombie
www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=43795.0

Dizbuster 
Via BOTLL and Brummieswargaming blog. (I will post pics up here for him)

Zerloon
zerloon.blogspot.co.uk/

Irqan
lrqan.blogspot.co.uk/

Christopher Sheets
dispatchesfromtherim.blogspot.co.uk/

Modhail
modhails-meanderings.blogspot.nl/

RRWIN
thecolorblindmodelpainter.blogspot.co.uk/

Maj. Diz Aster
thequickandthezed.blogspot.co.uk/

Deserter
wastelandminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/

Cheetor
sho3box.wordpress.com/

Matt
paintbrushandsuperglue.blogspot.co.uk/

ColKillgore
mlwodementia.blogspot.co.uk/

Terry Silverthorne
miniature-mayhem.blogspot.ca/

Gnotta
gnotta.blogspot.co.uk/

PanzerKaput
http://panzerkaput.blogspot.co.uk/

41 comments:

  1. Good stuff Simon. Nothing like a good zombie to paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks the photo must be really bad if he looks like a zombie lol :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, nice! I particularly like the contrast of red braces against white vest - very effective. Mind you, he looks too clean to have seen much action :-) ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks He's obviously removed his gore caked jacket :D

      Delete
  3. Really like that Simon, well done. I always wish I had picked up some of those Griffin Zombies and Survivors. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah they're nice I missed this boat as well these have all been picked up by second hand trades and this a gift from a fellow blogger :D

      Delete
  4. Love it ! Great paint Simon .
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. Nice repair to the axe too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ace miniature. Lucky you obtaining one as I have been after these for a while. Cheers for the prize draw advert as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you were well chuffed to receive him, Simon. It just confirms what a great community we have,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work, from what I've seen, this is by far my favorite Griffin sculpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he's one of mine to. I quite like the female cop as well. Two more to get for the full set!

      Delete
  9. I love this community!

    Good work on this one mate! My older brother is a fireman actually!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very nice miniature Simon, and painted very nicely man

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pose and good colour combos - excellent brushwork as always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! Now that's a two-handed axeman. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  13. he is certainly equipped for an apocalypse, Simon

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is brilliant Simon, a fabulous survivor character.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky no: 7. Another very nice paint job. very characterful and definitely a figure worth having. Well done whom so ever donated him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a great looking survivor, lots of character with a grest indication of his pre-z day life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robert. I'd like to think his workwear added a bit of protection as well.

      Delete
  17. Great stuff there Simon and nice paintjob too. But I am missing off the blog roll ;(, lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! That model just oozes attitude, and the painting pops despite the lighting woes.

    Props for the repair work to the axe, by the way - I wouldn't have been able to tell it was damaged originally.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks good, and that fire ace will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Like the paint job and a cool interesting mini

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice. I was lucky to get a set of masters from the sculptor years ago and the full set from Mark at griffin directly when they were finally released. All the zombies are painted and in my LAF urban zed thread. Still got the survivors to paint so nice to see your take on the fireman.

    Cheers

    Vyper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CV. Yeah just need to get the Goth chick and the Female cop :D

      Its a shame they disappeared. I was hoping they would return as the store is still open just with nothing in it :(

      Delete
  22. Nice figure and nice painting. Whatever work you did on the axe worked out well: nothing looks obviously patched up to me.

    More survivors next or is it time for some walking corpses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. I have no zombies to paint right now. I was hoping my EotD stuff would arrive as there will be some in that but its not due yet. I have 2 survivors to repaint but can't find the motivation to paint them.

      Delete