Sunday 7 June 2015

Rising Eagle Society R.E.S (Villainous 7TV cast)

Was having a sort out through my box of 7TV Spy fi etc themed stuff the other day and I have some figures that I though nah I'll never get around to using those. But then I was watching some episodes of The New Avengers (Well old but you know what I mean) mainly The Eagles nest and The Last of the Cybernauts . The brain then decided to spin up and a plan started to form.

Some Spoilers Follow Sorry

The Eagles Nest
Steed investigates the death of a colleague while Gambit witnesses the kidnapping of Professor Von Claus. Purdey scuba dives to the remote island of St. Dorca, where a monastery hides a secret and Germany's greatest treasure. (Basically the treasure is Hitlers body in cryo sleep who they plan to resurrect with the kidnapped professors help).

The Last of the Cybernauts. 
Double agent Felix Kane is horribly disfigured while being chased by the New Avengers. A year later, Kane forces Frank Goff to breathe new life into old Cybermen left in storage by Goff's former employer, Dr. Armstrong. Further more, Professor Mason is kidnapped and forced to apply the Cybernaut technology to rebuild Kane's body so he can exact his revenge on Steed, Purdey and Gambit personally.

So the plan is to have a mad scientist who has put the frozen remains of Adolf Hitler into a cybernetic body. A Sadistic lady assassin. cybernetic soldiers and then of course minions.

So at the moment the star will be a mad scientist Dr Heinrich Von Oetker is the man doing the building and placing of Adolf in a cybernetic chassis. Who I also found and have painted up already painted up in a blitz on Wednesday Evening. He can obviously use gadgets and has some sort of Alien or experimental pistol as a weapon. The miniature is from Killer B Games and is an MJ-12 Agent from the Preview range.






For the Sadistic Lady Assassin and partly what sparked the idea off of wondering what faction to use her for I have started painting this lovely lass from Statuesque miniatures Pulp Alley range.  Its a fab sculpt I also picked up the Captain Wolf and Minerva pack all glorious sculpts and fab crisp castings.


As I said looking though my collection I have a Metalnaut who 'vaguely' .........coughs looks like a cybernaut  but I also think is wearing attire a lot like a Gestapo agent in the movies.  So I think another of these will look suitable menacing. flanking the Professor.




Now onto minions I am not sure what the plan is for these I'm in two minds at the moment I have always liked the Federated Security that Crooked Dice do. The heads obviously meant for a sci fi show won't do as they are so will get replaced with balaclava heads also by Crooked Dice as shown below on the Fed Sec commander. Then when I uploaded this pic it dawned on me the two Mutaints (the females on the left) would make perfect She Wolf types but obviously the helmeted heads don't go. Soooooooo the idea is to replace the heads with daredevil heads they remind me a bit of the Elite Guards in the PC game Return to Castle Wolfenstein. So what do people think. I want to avoid just using WW2 models as they don't quite look right.




The Far right one has a long plait which you can't see here.

Ideally I'd love miniatures of these.


20 comments:

  1. The Eagle's Nest is a great episode of The New Avengers! Great idea for a cast and lovely minis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Gordon yeah I though so to I really like that fun episode.

      Delete
  2. So this is the project that was gestating when that text came in! Makes sense now! LOL.

    I look forward to seeing how it unfolds, and Dr Heinrich Von Oetker has turned out well - kudos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much yeah this is whats been bubbling away in my head and what I was looking for figures for.

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure, but West Wind might have some miniatures which might fit in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. I'll check out some of the SOTR figures they come with separate heads as well.

      Delete
  4. I would also recommend taking a look at West Wind, in particular, their German Incursion range.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A suitably villainous cast. I can't say I am in anyway in favour of bringing back Hitler but I do wish you well in the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No neither am I but these villains have there hobbies don't they :)

      Delete
  6. Great idea for a "crew" dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Its under the skin now. So something will happen with it

      Delete
  7. They look great, the doctor certainly has that "SS" look to him with the black leather jacket; love the beehives on the lady minions too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. Yeah I want to imply rather than copy. I thought they was beehives as well but there actually helemts! New heads needed for those bodies I think. Funnily enough I converted the two ladies I have so far this morning before going out. Once based I can have stab at painting them up.

      Delete
  8. I think what you've got going so far will work Simon. I've been eyeballing Statuesque's ranges for a while now. I like Phantom Ace and Pulp Girl really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Anne. I haven't got those two yet but there on the list to get. I picked up the Dr.Fang and Golgo Satana and the Captain Wolf and Minerva packs I have to say they are some of the nicest figures I've picked up lovely crisp casts with next to no mouldlines on them.

      Delete
  9. Thats is great paint job again Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely done, Simon. WWII era heads for the conversions? The older style headgear combined with more modern clothing might give you the look you want.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched the new avengers a few years back, the one with the giant rat was the best, I would like to see some eps of the avengers some day, you should check out the prisoner tv show if you have never seen it

    ReplyDelete