Monday 15 February 2016

Pulp City Hero Starter Set Review


In my last post I reviewed the Pulp City Supreme Edition Rulebook now onto the miniatures! First up I decided to have a crack at the Heroes Starter set.

There is ton of info on the heroes and villains of Pulp City over at there main site.


Front of the boxed set with fabulously painted versions of the figures within. Handy to refer to I find when painting.
The Rear of the box showing what you get inside.

Getting closer to those lovely pieces of metal. As you can see they are well packaged.
One thing I love about this is set is the figures are all in one piece. L-R Wildman, Ace of Wraiths and Tekkna

Also included in the starter set is a Quick Ref sheet and quick start rules which is a nice touch. Meaning you can get going straight away.


The character cards for each figure in the box stats on the front and then special rules, attacks etc on the rear. What is a great feature of the cards it has everything on there level of character, faction, hero, etc all you need to play the game is there. Of course you can sleeve them as well to protect them.

The miniatures.
Ace of Wraiths such a cool model. Ace is a Blaster character and his background is just as awesome. LINK


Wildman is a Brawler character and comes on a 40mm base. Another neat character love his background LINK

Tekkna I really love the detail on this mini and is a close favourite out of all the minis I have picked up so far.


Clean up took no time at all there was next to no moldlineto be honest and those that were there were removed with a few scrapes from a file. One thing I noticed was the tabs were quite chunky and they fit into the slots on there bases nice and snug. You can of course purchase your own bases for them and just snip it off and pin them to there new ones.


Based and ready to paint!

You can find them and many other gorgeous minis in the
Pulp City Store

21 comments:

  1. Looks awesome love the background to the characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Background is ace. Some have quite Dark backgrounds as well.

      Delete
  2. Very nice figures, Simon, but I note this set is currently out of stock, although you can still buy all three individually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There lovely what a shame. I imagine the have some incoming at some point. Perhaps its the packaging the figures that I got previously all come with there own really cool box art.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to see them painted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done review, great to see alot of pictures! Thanks for letting us know about this prodcut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I like reviews with lots of pictures at the end of the day we all want to see what we're going to get :)

      Delete
  5. Ooooh like the look of this game! Damn :-)

    Conflicted between this and the Marvel game they've just released........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy, Get 'em both and then start tempting me to get 'em ;-)

      Delete
    2. Hmm I haven't tried the Marvel game yet. I enjoy the Batman game but I find it a little over complicated in places. Pulp City seems more easier to pick up and learn imo.

      Delete
    3. ha thanks BK! i see they have Deadpool out for it already....soooooo tempting! but looking at the superheroes for Pulp City and i'm conflicted ;-P

      Delete
  6. Great stuff Simon. It is a great set and the minis are very clean indeed. Wildman is my personal fave of the bunch... and a tempting post to get mine painted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing yours. I hope to Prime them all at once the weekend. Assembling the Villains tonight!

      Delete
  7. Nice characters, Simon. I like that Ace of Wraiths guy - looks like a Witch Hunter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the Ace of Wraiths figures is awesome and one of my faves from the range.

      Delete
  8. You're not helping my willpower Simon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see your take on some of the characters with your fab brushwork!

      Delete
  9. I especially like the first and third figurines. Work your magic on them Simon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't heard about these before, so thanks for bringing them to my attention. Will now have to poke around the Pulp City website...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice looking minis and the backstories are ace :)

    ReplyDelete