Tuesday 11 June 2019

Crooked Dice Children of the Fields Mister Mangel




Been having a frustrating few weeks with photos not backing up and this has sort of caused a back log with my blog posting. It all seems to be working now but I have tons of posts to catch up on so will be brief with the next few blog posts.

Painting has been pretty slow lately I have been assembling lots of minis and basing but not really had much painting time. I did however get another Children of the Fields miniature finished off for my cast. I had started painting him last year and had primed him and basecoated his clothing a brown colour and there he has sat until now. So a getting some more bits finished and drowning him in strong tone and lots of drybrushing here and there calling him done. All I have left from the kickstarter is a bunch of villagers and the Black Goat. I need more figures to bolster the Black Goats forces as I only have a few cultists that fit the profiles so far.

34 comments:

  1. Well done! Love the rusty hook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. I am pleased with how it turned out.

      Delete
  2. Very cool pose & nicely painted as always Simon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Terry. I have to say most the COTF I think are some of the best sculpts Crooked Dice have done!

      Delete
  3. That is such an awesome model! Great job Simon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanking thee Michael. I love the CoTF cast. I only have some villagers left to paint for it but I want to pick up some Mummermen at some point this year..

      Delete
  4. Spectacualr and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like these models Simon & your paint job only add to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank the models are just awesome to paint. Loved doing the Mast Beasts as well.

      Delete
  6. Nice job mate as usual. Love the Blog pic at the top - Ack Ack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Carl. I was looking for some Pulp inspiration artwork and seemed to fit the bill!

      Delete
  7. Awesome painting skills Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like him....Jeepers Creepers vibe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Fran yes thats a good point he certainly does have that sort of vibe as well.

      Delete
  9. You caught the essence of the movement, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dezzie it is a wonderfully done sculpt and pose.

      Delete
  10. Cracking brush work Simon! I did see these COTF advertised, then promptly forgot all about them - definitely up there on my shopping list again after seeing this :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. I am going to get my villagers done soon as that completes all I currently own so need to think about future purchases.

      Delete
    2. I tell a Lie I have the Black Goat. Which I can use for Pulp as well. hmm....

      Delete
  11. That's a great miniature and it looks amazing thanks to your painting skills.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's one very sinister looking figure, enhanced of course, by your painting skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Joe. I think this cast has brought out my love for bad guys of late. I have done Aliens and am now working on Pulp Bad Guys!

      Delete
  13. Nice blends on the clothing. Good work sir.

    ReplyDelete