Wednesday 23 January 2013

Diamonds are Forever

Finally got round to painting up this Henchmen Duo classic bad guys from the bond movie Diamonds are Forever. Mr Wint and Mr Kidd forever find intuitive ways of killing people throughout. I decided to include some of there classic quotes as well. Both figures are from Copplestone Castings KKBB range KGB men. Mr Kidd has one of Crooked Dice's brilliant Henchmen Heads I'd already used the first head on my first bond bad guy Jaw's

Mr. Wint: The scorpion.
Mr. Kidd: One of nature's finest killers, Mr. Wint.
Mr. Wint: One is never too old to learn from a master, Mr. Kidd.
James Bond: The wine is quite excellent. Although for such a grand meal I would have expected a claret.
Mr. Wint: But of course. Unfortunately our cellar is poorly stocked with clarets.
James Bond: Mouton Rothschild IS a claret. And, I've smelled that aftershave before, and both times - I've smelled a rat.
Mr. Wint: And for dessert, the piece de resistance... a Bombe Surprise.
Tiffany Case: Mmm! That looks fantastic. What's in it?
Mr. Wint: Ah... But then there would be no surprise, Madame.

32 comments:

  1. Great work Simon, those two were a revelation when they first appeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran, I really enjoy doing the Classic Villains from Bond movies.

      Delete
  2. What a great couple of figures? They look so like the film characters. Paint job is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good likeness you've achieved on your figures, Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, as always. Very 1970s!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on the jackets there mate.. top notch, and great quotes to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Mr Lee, High praise indeed coming from your goodself :D

      Delete
  6. Great work! Love the classic Bond villains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Styx, I need to think up some more for some of the other classics.

      Delete
  7. Excellent work Simon, you've got them off to a T!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another superb job Simon. Loving these miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a superb job simon, makes we what to sit down and watch the movie again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do make I smile! Great work Simon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gunrunner, I hope it was a big cheesy one :D

      Delete
  11. Nicely done, as always Simon .
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Vincent, High praise indeed sir!

      Delete
  12. Good work Simon, my only criticism would be to tidy up the base rims: I'm a stickler for clean base rims!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly sir. The base has been done is one of those things thats barely noticed until photographed and zoomed in :(

      Delete
    2. Ah, no probs. I'm the same; I always pick up on things that I missed during painting when I photograph my minis. It's a catch22 situation. On one hand I want to show off my work but on the other I will always see bits that need more work.

      Looking forward to what you paint next, and I might just be ordering Zombicide as an Easter present.

      Delete
  13. Really cool retro figures! I'm still scared by watching this with my mom in a theater when it was released - the scene when they walk hand in hand freaked me out! :) Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny conversation and excellent painted figures!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://www.peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete