Sunday 6 January 2013

The Passage by Justin Kronin

I'd never heard of this book. I think I found out about it from one of the 'interview the author' type blog posts (can't remember whose sorry) the author was asked what there favourite top three books was and this was one of them. Feeling a bit at a loss as to what to read I though I'd see if the library had got it. They did and boy am I glad that they did.




Here is a link to the authors website.
http://enterthepassage.com/

From the back of the book.

An epic and gripping tale of catastrophe and survival, The Passage is the story of Amy—abandoned by her mother at the age of six, pursued and then imprisoned by the shadowy figures behind a government experiment of apocalyptic proportions. But Special Agent Brad Wolgast, the lawman sent to track her down, is disarmed by the curiously quiet girl and risks everything to save her. As the experiment goes nightmarishly wrong, Wolgast secures her escape—but he can’t stop society’s collapse. And as Amy walks alone, across miles and decades, into a future dark with violence and despair, she is filled with the mysterious and terrifying knowledge that only she has the power to save the ruined world

I have only just finished this book having started it at the beginning of December its took me a while as the prep for Christmas meant I could only read bits at a time and not for very long but with the break over Christmas I managed to get it finished.

Its a beast of a book at just over 1000 pages but it has kept me enthralled it full of all sorts of different emotions which you can't help getting swept up in. It has become probably one of the best books I've ever read and that's not an exaggeration either.. If you like vampires or post apocalyptic settings I suggest you go and seek it out!

Its sequel 'The Twelve' is out also and I've just requested it from the library can't wait.

 Please do go check it out you won't regret it.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good read. I really like the makeover on your blog. Killer header Simon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I was really surprised by it to be honest.

      Delete
  2. Really good makeover on you blog Simon really nice ;) .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this for sale on Amazon after you first mentioned it on my blog and it has certainly piqued my interest. Thanks for the review, Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your voracious reading ability! Sounds interesting, but will have to wait until a movie comes out :)! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Sometimes the books are much better IMO. Try it out you might like it. Its also available in audio format as well.

      Delete
  5. Sounds fascinating!
    Like the new blog, though I miss the brown lass with the afro ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Scott, She may make a reappearance at some point but I'm a bit sci fiey at the moment.

      Delete