Saturday 2 June 2018

UK GAMES EXPO 2018 and Crooked Dice Stand L24 Hall 1



Had this week off and its been a cool week spending time with the family. I have got some hobby time in here and there and have made some good progress on several figures in the paint queue.

Thursday was a highlight as Karl Perrotton of Crooked Dice games studio needed a hand to unload his van at the UK Game Expo at the NEC in Birmingham due to some new rules on unloading your stuff in a certain time slot or it costing a retainer if you don't get back in time. So asked for volunteers of which I was very happy to do so.

I ended up staying behind after the unload and helped Karl set up the stand. It was really interesting to see behind the scenes at these conventions and the hard work it is to setup and organise your stand. If your going down to the Expo Karl is there all weekend in Hall 1, Stand L24.




I found it a great experience and my highlight had to be handling all the display pieces to put them in the cabinets. They are absolutely beautifully painted.
The recent Kickstarter range for the Children of the Fields are amazeballs!








Some of the supporting lead figures for the Post Apocalypse expansion coming in Autumn 2018

 




The Wasteland Warriors and vehicles you have already seen and are available now.





All the other cool Villains, Heroes and Extra's the monsters are just amazingly painted!















The lovely and gribbly monsters!





Karl was very very kind to gift me some stock as a thank you for helping out! Two of witch are big resin beasties from the Children of the Fields KS which aren't due to be delivered until September whoop whoop! 

 The Strawman and Black Goat resin figures.These are big boy and go on 50mm bases!
Traffic was awful around the NEC and so took me a while to get home but such is the M6 and M42 around B'ham. So a big dirty kebab meet and chips was in order when I got in which I don't have very often but polished off a super day!



23 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun time Simon, was there at the expo yesterday myself with lots of interesting stands inside and the children enjoyed being a viking outside as well. Always interesting to see the other side of the table, as I was there just as a punter, and you got to see an insight of being a trader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was an eye opener and certainly harder work than you think. Especially the logistics of getting your gear in alongside other traders.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant stuff Simon! The photos of all the figures... amazing! CD are easily my favorite figure manufacturer, can't wait to see what Karl has planned for next year - any insider information on that 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could tell you but then I would self destruct....So basically I don't want to..... for fear of exploding :)

      Delete
  3. oh, Eye's candy sir! Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of Gorgeous figures to behold!

      Delete
  4. Looks like fun.

    My only question is, knowing your preferences for gaming genres, what the hell are you going to use the goat-demon for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will probably be eating up my Police cast tbh :)

      Delete
  5. Looks like a great day out and loot as well - what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the loot was the most amazing part. I am so chuffed with the Strawman and the Black Goat minis!

      Delete
  6. Wow! Those are some super cool figures and awesomely painted. I really like those figures wearing the head masks - ala Wicker Man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there is a lot of Folklore type characters intertwined with the Children of the Fields.

      Delete
  7. That must have been a fantastic day out for you. What a delightful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific. 1stly always good to help a friend and Karl counts as that. I have met no gamer ho does not like him.

    2ndly whoo hoo loot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great reward for what seemed like a great day out - Crooked Dice are superb minis (some sculpted by a good friend of mine). I had the pleasure of seeing them in the flesh (so to speak) for the first time last year and was gobsmacked!
    You deserve the rewards too for what must have seemed a very long day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe they are my favourite line. I just wish I had the money to buy them all! I will someday you have to have goals! Which friend is that?

      Delete
  10. Goodness they have some yummy looking sculpts coming out soon.

    Speaking of yummy, I haven't had a proper kebab in 17 years. Going to have to change that when I visit my mum at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeedy some gorgeous looking minis coming!

      I don't have them as often anymore watching weight etc. But mmmmm was yummy with hot chilli sauce on

      Delete
  11. Oh wow ... cool pics ... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete