Tuesday 26 June 2018

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome!

Been a manic couple of weeks at work and as a consequence not much has been going on here at Brummie Towers. We had planned to go away this coming weekend but this got cancellend and instead Sunday just gone spent a lovely day in Barmouth on the Welsh coast.

Next weekend being free I now discovered I could go to one of two events both on the 30th. Firstly a Burrows and Badgers Campaign day over in Rushden (Northamptonshire I think) Ooooor a Post Apocalyptic 7TV day over in Newark at  the Wargames Foundry base of operations.

Still plenty of spot left in anyone fancies it. WI Events Link

Myself and Pulp Citizen had discussed going to the B&B day but until very late in the day I couldn't go. So in the end I decided to go to the 7TV day. The theme this year is a sort of beta of the upcoming Post Apocalyptic Vehicle Rules which will be coming to Kickstarter (October I believe now). 

The restrictions are 30 Ratings (Dam this is tight when you have to include a vehicle) Using the new rules which allows you to purchase various types of vehicles from Bikes and Buggies to Racers, Truck and Big Rigs. If I had proper planing I may of done a Big Rig if I'd had more time.

Rules will be the new beta vehicle rules but casts can be chosen from any existing player guide. With modified characters allowed using the normal rules in the Production Guide.

So I have had to scramble this past week or so to get a vehicle ready I already have plenty of figures I can use so that put me ahead. Though my cast which is themed around a certain movie requires me to paint one more character for it. That person is about 80% done so hoping to finish him in the next day or so!


Various bits from my bits box and a Russian Diecast from a magazine that were sold through Poundland a few years back.


A bit of chain added to the front instead of the fragile plastic bits

Additional mesh added over all the windows. Mark 1 Roof flatbed which I decided I didn't like after a bit of consultation with some friends.

Mark 2 Roof flatbed. I went for this in the end leaving the rear open but adding some poles and removing the mesh floor.

 Next up was the weapon system a pair of plastic crossbows from Warhammer Dwarf's (too big for there intended use but perfect for this. A Warhammer goblin archer quiver. I didn't realise but the

Primed Grey and a quick over brush of Steel Legion Drab.


Various Oranges and browns stippled on and heavy drybrushing all over. Then a Strong tone wash followed by a Dark Tone Wash
 
More drybrushing in bone and stone.

The finished item with the tyre blacked in and the dry brushed. I may come back to it later and add some more details but it will do the job for now!



28 comments:

  1. It’s alright I guess... barely passable.
    Kidding of course!
    Another great modeling job! I’m always impressed by the comparing the final work with the base parts you used. I’m impressed with what you do and what you do it with. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Stew! It will do the job. Has given me a bit more confidence with vehicles. Planning on getting some of the buggies and trucks from CD now.

      Delete
  2. Great vehicle conversion Simon, the painting adds more depth to the model, hope you get your model finished in time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave nearly done now just got to add some grime then varnish!

      Delete
  3. The vehicle looks suitably tatty! n(Mean as a compliment). And I would like to wish you luck at both upcoming events!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint thats the look I was going for :) Cheers it should be a good laugh I reckon.

      Delete
  4. That's a cool conversion, Simon. The paintwork greatly enhances it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. I may go back and add some more weathering and such but its ready For Saturday is the main thing!

      Delete
  5. That looks terrific mate, great work. Love those Turnbulls....erm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks matey! Nearest available minis! My cast will be a bit more Mad and Furious looking!

      Delete
  6. Good conversion and platform mark two was easily the superior of the two.
    Great weathering on the vehicle, making it hardly recognisable from the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe yeah that was the intention decided I didn't want to keep any of the orange.

      Delete
  7. I can just see that being driven Furiously down the Road :-)
    Great conversion, and I hope you remember to take your camera to the event ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude. I shall certainly try to take lots of snaps.

      Delete
  8. Looks great! good job on the weathering and I like the double crossbow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. Yeah wasn't sure what to count it as. Most likely a Harpoon Launcher.

      Delete
  9. That is brilliant Simon! What a great build, with bags of character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael! It was a lot of fun. I will have to get me a large vehicle to make a big rig with.

      Delete
  10. Fab conversion Simon! Can't wait to see the photos and report from the event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor! I shall endeavour to get as many snaps as I can!

      Delete
  11. Superb creative work Simon, putting this all together. Looks fantastic after receiving a paint job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it was a lot of fun and his given me a bit more confidence with bigger things than 28mm figures.

      Delete
  12. Brilliant. From a humble start to a great looking model.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a really cool and creative build vehicle.
    Very, very nice work on this one,!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Wouter it was cool to experiment. I also have ideas for some other vehicle.

      Delete