Monday 11 November 2019

Burrows and Badgers Feathery reinforcements!

Just a bit of a catch up on some figures I have finished recently. All Burrows and Badgers the first two I got finished to take to the event I went to in my last post.

First up is Chirp a Robin. This started out as a sparrow miniature and in a trade I ended up getting a duplicate model so I converted him as well as choosing a different breed of bird for his scheme. Quite simply I snipped off his shield and filed it down keeping the straps then gluing in a crossbow. Again on the other side I filed down the current pouch and added in the bolts.




 Swifty the Kingfisher. This guy is as he comes and one of my fave of the small bird minis that Oathsworn make.



 My Raven mage I didn't get this one finished in time I am not sure I would of took him anyway but one of the things I want to do is experiment more with the spells and such so it gives me a suitable mage model to use. At present he is unnamed I am just not sure what to call him yet.





All my League of Eagles so far. I have another bat to paint up for it at some point plus there is a Starling and Kestrel that I need to pick up at some point and add to my collection.

41 comments:

  1. Wonderful models Simon & you did a fine paint job on them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Frank. They are so fun todo and always so easy to paint.

      Delete
  2. Wierd and wonderful, I can see your attraction to these fine sculpts (good conversion too btw), sadlythough I still "get it".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, these are gorgeous Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The Kingfisher particularly got my eye, but all of them are really sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers it was a bit of an intimidating one todo as the colours on the feathers are already so bright.

      Delete
  5. Quoth the Raven. Obvs.

    Yes, I know it's stolen from Pratchett, but it's worth stealing.

    Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness these are some epic birds! I love the big owl in the helmet and armour.
    Your brushwork really shows well with the work on the wings and feathers.
    Hoping for some game reports with these guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers very much sir! I shall try and do one at some point now I have a much bettergrasp of the rules.

      Delete
  7. That is a very cool themed warband right there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great conversion and painting Simon, for a mage name how about NEVERMOORE. The group shot looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. That is quite a cool name certainly going on my list.

      Delete
  9. Those look great Simon.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stu the birds are some of my faves to be honest.

      Delete
  10. Wonderfully painted creatures, Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That raven should be named Mordicai.

    Great additions to the gang mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fine name Dai! Thanks very much. Back to some Shrews next I think.

      Delete
  12. Very cool theme with the whole winged avengers going on. Nicely done. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew. Yeah I like the look of it as well. I have always loved birds growing up. Owls especially.

      Delete
  13. Great stuff Simon! Those colours on Swifty look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much mate! used the brightest paints I could find!

      Delete
  14. Marvelous work on these birds!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant work on these birds, Simon. Love the colors on them and the work you did bringing out the details on the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers they are really nicely detailed sculpts

      Delete