Friday 2 September 2016

Alpha Squad


Well back from my Holiday this week. Not enjoying back obviously ha! But feeling recharged and we had a really good 10 day break and the weather was awesome. Totally forgot to share more pics of these guys that I used for my Across the Dead Earth gang so will be an easy first post back :)

These were a private commission I was very lucky to be able to get some spare castings from. Myself and Pulp Citizen are going to be getting some games in with them which i'm really looking forward to. I also hope to play more Post apoc games and possible some 7TV2e with them.

Obviously themed on GI Joe I was a huge fan of the Sunbow cartoons as a kid and had tons of action figures and vehicles. I have admired many projects done by others over the years were people have recreated them using conversions to make all there favourites. Its going to be awesome getting these all done.



The members painted so far. I have another 5 of these todo. Then onto there adversaries.
First up is Stalker not one I ever had as a kid tbh. But there were so many to choose from.




Beach head was one of my favourites and I always coveted getting him as a kid sadly none of the stores that used to stock these ever had him in. In later years there was an alt version but it wasn't as good as the original. I love the gear they all carry very much like there larger cousins.





 Spirit I am going to have try and source an eagle to go with guy I am still looking for one that I really like, I wasn't that bothered about him back in the day but love this model none the less.

 


Gung Ho love this model was never really keen on the originals blue uniform was a much bigger fan of Leatherneck who wore similar attire. 




Sgt Slaughter has to be one of the most Iconic Joes one of the things I loved about the GI Joes and Action forces figures was just the sheer variety of types.




Shockwave another one of my absolute favourites I chickened out on the camouflage though it could do the small marks consistently enough so have just kept it plain.





Painting has resumed I'm working on a private commision for a friend at the moment as well staring at the mass of different things on my paint bench and trying to decide what to do next!




38 comments:

  1. Cool, great colors and beautiful characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great figures Simon, that Sgt looks a mean dude!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. I love him he was hilarious in the cartoons!

      Delete
  3. Oh, man, oh man!! This is so cool!! :O :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. although, some of them sleeveless ones do look like they're about to sing YMCA :)

      Delete
  5. Really good work, Simon on a very characterful group of figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff, Simon. Sgt Slaughter is my fave by far, "You Maggots!!". I used to love him in the "WWF"; especially when he was a baddie and kept waving the Iraqi flag!! Hopefully we'll see him in a BatRep or two soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon. Ironically I think they stopped him from being the advertising tool when he started waving that Iraqi flag.

      Hopefully it a slowburn project between the two of us.

      Delete
  7. These look very good, a theme well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent looking squad mate. :)

    I promise to get back to work on 'Squad Wars' very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude I have just put Shipwreck onto a old Paint pot :)

      Delete
  9. Like t'other Simon I remember Slaughter from WWF rather than the "Joes" but what a great group of figs dude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. Legion of Doom were one of my favourite wrestler teams along with British Bulldog.

      Delete
  10. Looks amazing... Brings back a lot of memories of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaspar! Yeah I sort of glazed over in nostalgia when I saw they were being made.

      Delete
  11. Very cool set, I still have some of my action force toys in the attic, Red shadows were my guys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there lovely minis really glad I was fortunate to get hold of some. I had tons of Action force mainly the commando minis.

      Delete
  12. Terrific job, Simon. Go, Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Other than the initial group shot, I'm not getting any of the others (I get a sort of 'no entry' sign)
    From the first photo though these look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops all fixed seems my photo pruning yesterday went abit wrong. All fixed now!

      Delete
    2. Yep, they certainly are; lots of useful figures !

      Delete
  14. I was always more a fan of Cobra myself. Firefly and Zartan (And his Dreadnoks) being particular fav's.

    These look super cool though! Am very tempted to see if there are good sources for figs out there....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't get me wrong we have the adversaries as well. I am just trying to clear down some lingering stuff before starting them as there are quite a few of them!

      There are quite a few sources some need a little touch here and there to fit properly but there are some excellent models that form a solid base.

      Delete
  15. Great work at this scale ... the whole lot of them look good!

    ReplyDelete