Monday 19 September 2016

Batman Miniature Game Spartan (John Diggle)

A character from the TV series (I am still working my way slowly through them) John Diggle or Spartan as his alias is called is at first a bodyguard hired by Oliver Queens mother to look after him who then later quits and then is asked to join Team Arrow. (My knowledge ends there ha!) This was again an easy model to assemble. Comes in three possible four parts with a choice of head. Its comprises of body, arms (one piece I think) and a two heads bare and a helmeted. I went with the helmet version purely because I feel these vigilantes need to keep there identities a secret.

Know whats useful about Spartan is rather him being release as a Free Agent he is a Henchmen. Now at 60 rep and $350 funding he isn't cheap (for a henchmen) But usefully he has the bodyguard trait which most good crews lack, Has a Kevlar vest (You ignore the first damage per attack) has a nice short ranged pistol attack but also packs a Taser for in combat! Stats are upper henchmen level but of course the best bit is you can give him Equipment!!!! So In my crew I am giving him a Grapple gun (bat claw), Whistle (Stop trait) and possibly the Helmet (Hardened trait makes him even tougher turns first blood each round to stun) Which though this seems expensive there is plenty of funding spare for other henchmen and as we still can't take more than SWAT team member (no elite boss swat in an arrow crew) Can still fit in some other henchmen with guns!

Paint scheme wise I tried to look up the show costumers and it is mostly black/dark greys so I have gone a similar route but gave the coat a blue tone wash just to break it up a little. I think the scheme works nicely and blends in a little with my cops.

Also recently my prize from the Titan tournament arrived (I came last but still got a prize yay!)
So have recieved the Commissioner Gordon and SWAT crew pack alongside the Mr Pink and Alt Talia tournament cards. I am most pleased with the Gordon and SWAT as I have been meaning to pick them up for ages. The Talia card I already have but its all good as I can try and trade it for another card. Mr Pink is awesome as I can add him to my Penguin and Bane Crews once I have picked up a model for him.




29 comments:

  1. He looks great Simon, nice work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael he was quite quick to paint as well really!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Christian. Knight have done really well sculpt wise with this one. The casting and ease of assembly was bang on.

      Delete
  3. I do love the blues, and his helmet is ever so fancy, it is

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful stuff Simon. I'm not a fan of the "Arrow" TV series but he looks a very good sculpt imho. Love the helmet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If i'm honest I am upto episode 6 season1 and its not grabbing or I'd of watched it all by now. Its a nice mini and I like the characters rules in the game and its nice to have some more options for the Green Arrow crew.

      Delete
  5. Nice figure and a good choice of colours for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting character and nice subtle colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. He is all in Black in the series from the pics I found. But I wanted a little contrast so went fro dark blues and greys instead.

      Delete
  7. I like the Arrow series and JD is awesome, good work Brum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fella. I am struggling to get into it tbh.

      Delete
  8. Cool! Nice colour choices, the jacket particularly looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know very little about supers but he does look very good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Batman & the various squads & characters isn't really my thing, but very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hugh. I would of said the same couple of years ago... Also said no 35mm.... lol oops

      Delete
  11. The shading on his clothes is very well done. Not familiar at all with this character, but he certainly looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai. No nor I tbh but he adds choice to my Green Arrow crew so all good :D

      Delete
  12. Terrific job, Simon. The jacket gives a little variety while still being subdued. Black is often best treated as a very dark blue anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I feel I learned a fair bit doing Spartan. Black is one of those colours I struggle with and never end up being quite happy with the end results.

      I have a group of ninjas to do for my League of shadows and its the only thing holding me back with them.

      Delete
  13. For a moment there I did a double take as the helmet made me think of Magneto. By the way, that's excellent work on the clothing. Making simple look good isn't easy! :)

    ReplyDelete