Thursday 29 September 2016

Batman Miniature Game Oliver Queen (DKR) & Zomtober is coming!

Another Batman mini finished. The last few have shared similar pallettes so bits have been done on other models as I've finished others off. This time its Oliver Queen (Green Arrow) as he appears in the Frank Miller comics and movie Dark Knight Returns (Cracking series in 2 parts some ideas are perhaps a little old fashioned) Anyway here he is with his Kryptonite Arrow note he is one armed as well and still able to use his bow!

Quite the quirky character in the film I'll have to at some point pick up the other Frank Miller related items from Knight models and get a crew together.

A leader in Green Arrow he can be taken in a Batman crew with his affinity Batman trait allowing him to be fielded as a Free Agent. However for know I plan to use him as a much cheaper leader for my green Arrow crew he only has two types of Arrow standard and Kryptonite but they cause a little bit more damage. Loses rapid fire like most his other versions but gains bonuses to hit instead making him more likely to hit. Still gets his hook arrow (bat claw) Oliver is a tough old boot with decent endurance and desensitised means he still has his full action counters until he gets taken down. Useful to pair up with Flash (TV) and still have plenty of reputation left for selecting a few Free Agent or cops.







In other news its coming upto Zomtober again yay! Time for zombie and survivor painting!



The rules
The rules are simple. To take part just paint one Zombie or Survivor (or more!) each week, in any scale you like, posting it to your blog by the Sunday (we use Sunday's as the end of each week). So that means one or more minis each week on or before the 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd and 30th of October. Very simple,

Crap I better get cracking for the first entry!

25 comments:

  1. Just like the comic version! Nicely done!

    2nd!!?? I didn't read that correctly - I need to get painting my 1st zombie, stat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zombtober.... I want to but can't seem to motivate myself this year. I have already been sidetracked far to much and Zombtober would be another diversion I do not want at the moment.

    But that figure looks so very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint. I have been pootling along lately myself and have been somewhat lacking enthusiasm and seem to be fleeting in my interest. With two batman tournaments coming up I have some focus for those. But I am hoping Zomtober will give a short reprieve.

      Delete
  3. Excellent job Simon, although I have to confess not a character that I'm familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. Its an alt timeline. Batman and Green Arrow are in there 50's and retired but events take place. Check out the Frank Miller Dark Knight returns movies (part 1 and part 2)if you can they are rather good

      Delete
  4. Looks ace mate; well done with Uncle Albert. :)

    Looking forward to your Zomtober output too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude. Yeah I am looking forward to it though I may have to rush weekend 1!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks its a superb rendition of the character. I hope to eventually pick up the rest of the Frank Miller themed miniatures for a crew.

      Delete
  6. what a striking and elegant posture he has!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive Simon, never knew he ended up one armed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran. Its complicated Its hinted at in the movie that Superman does it at some point in the past where he joins up as the US Governments sort of ooerative and they no longer wish to tolerate Vigilantes.

      But I have read elsewhere that after the Frank Miller comics. Another story arc has Green Arrow holding a detonator for some sort of nasty bomb and tries to sacrifice himself but superman rips his arm off in order to save him.

      Delete
  8. Cool, very nicely done...and great pose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice figure. He'd make a cool survivor in a zombie apocalypse game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan yes indeed he would make a good survivor!

      Delete
  10. Looks great. Will you be getting FM Batman too?

    Zomtober - must do better than last year and paint things that are even vaguely related to the genre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly somewhere down the line. I may change his cloak as it is a bit ridiculous to keep him balanced by the looks of it

      Delete
  11. Hmmmmm ... this mini has a Street Fighter Gouken vibe to him. Would have made an excellent proxy figure too. Sorry but I digress. Love the paint job results you created for him. Nice!!! :)

    ReplyDelete